Why should I customise the coverlens for my display?
Most LCDs need a coverlens, and the design of this vital component presents a wealth of opportunities to enhance the style and performance of your product. At Anders we can help you design a Coverlens for your display, with or without touch, to give your product the wow factor. Key benefits of a bespoke coverlens include:
- Make your product truly stand out from the crowd
- Provide screen protection
- Enhance display viewing with optical bonding or films
How can you customise your coverlens
- Material: Choose glass or PPMA with glass thickness up to 10mm
- Ruggedness: Chemically strengthened or toughened glass for harsh environments
- Dimension: Oversized coverlens to bring separate features such as buttons, touch sensors, or indictor lights into a unified, harmonious user interface
- Shape: Different shapes including curves and cut-outs
- Icons styling: Anything can be printed onto your cover glass, from a company logo to functional icons which can be permanently visible or hidden until lit for that extra wow factor
- Readability: Optical bonding for better viewing and durability
Additional advances for Coverlens
You may be creating a product for the visually impaired, who can benefit from the ability to differentiate between different touch-sensor functions. Other major opportunities lie in automotive applications, such as tactile control panels that help motorists keep their eyes on the road. In this sense, a novel 3D touch surface can enhance safety as well as offering a cool new feature to attract buyers.
A chemical process for engraving glass to a specific depth without penetrating the lower face. When applied to a touch panel, it is possible to create engraved areas that correspond to touchable controls such as buttons, dials, or sliders. This enables adding a tactile dimension to the user experience and can also be employed to engrave a logo or brand name in the Coverlens without any compromise to the strength of the glass.
In principle these are the exact inverse of spot facing, where the active area is indicated by a raised bump. Spot facing and touch bumps are state-of-the-art user-interface design features that are currently being adopted by display makers including our own manufacturing partners.
What films and filters can you apply?
We can offer a range of films and filters to reduce glare and reflection, including o-film to increase viewing angles which is a lower cost alternative to our full optical bonding service. We also offer coatings which can protect your display from scratches or privacy filters to guard sensitive information.
How optical bonding can help?
Optically bonding the Coverlens to the display enhances the viewing characteristics of displays used outdoors or in bright ambient light, helping to help reduce power consumption and achieve the impact-resistance ratings demanded in sectors such as industrial and automotive.
Need more information? | Download our Whitepaper!
Let's get started on your project
We aim to offer reliable and long-term solutions to our B2B customers. If you are a business and would like to discuss your display and/or embedded system requirements please contact us below