Join the Anders Family!
If you want real hands-on experience using the latest Embedded IoT/Edge technologies as well as HMI and Touchscreen SW integration techniques to enhance your studies, then we would love to hear from you.
LOCATION - Witney, Oxfordshire, UK (hybrid working)
At Anders we work with our customers to develop innovative, inspirational, intelligent displays and embedded systems for the new generation of user interfaces and devices.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Industrial Placements within our Engineering team. If you are ambitious and want real hands-on experience using the latest Embedded IoT/Edge technologies as well as HMI and Touchscreen SW integration techniques, then we would love to hear from you.
- You will be hands-on developing with microcontrollers (e.g. STM32) and LoRa Wan networks as well as enhancing Machine Learning image recognition capabilities over Linux platforms with custom camera modules.
- You will develop firmware and SW drivers on custom embedded platforms used for next generation Edge Computing and interconnected Embedded Displays. This will require and enable you to approach the projects from all aspects including system, hardware, software, mechanical and encompass project management disciplines.
- The Anders experience is highly rewarding as you will have the opportunity to put your learning into practice with projects that is intended for potential commercialisation and allow you to contribute to the company’s success.
On successful completion of the placement, you will be considered for full-time employment after your graduation.
- Understanding of SW architecture and design
- SW development methodologies for microcontrollers
- Unit testing, debugging and overall system testing methodologies on target devices and systems
- Understanding of electronics design, component and system specifications
- Use of T&M equipment (e.g. jtag debugger, oscilloscopes, multimeters)
What you need to be successful:
- Strong C programming knowledge
- Excellent collaboration skills whilst retaining ability to work autonomously
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent SW and HW troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Passion for learning and researching new technologies
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and to learn quickly
- Currently studying for Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related degree
- 2nd / 3rd year student or graduate either looking for an industrial placement or internship
- Excellent verbal and written skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and an open, supportive place to work. All applicants will be considered equally, regardless of race, origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Flexible work arrangements
Additional paid time off (over holiday allowance)
Learning and development incentives
Does it sound like you? Get in touch!
Send us your details below and email your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
History of success
At Anders we have a rich history of success in candidates who have gone on to develop their careers following successful industrial placements with us. Here are some of their stories: