Join the Anders Family!
Want to shape the future of embedded display tech? Work with us!
Supplier Development Engineer
FULL TIME/PERMANENT - Dongguan City, Guangdong, China
Anders Electronics is the market leader for solutions in display, embedded, and LED technology.
Through a design-led collaborative approach, from development through to the supply of world class products for global B2B customers, we are the engineering and industry specialists, dedicated to making electronic touchscreen technology engaging and enjoyable.
Our 70 year evolution is focused on reliability and innovation, and has an unrivalled depth of service, scope of engineering skill, scale of capabilities, global manufacturing reach, and speed of operations. We are rapidly expanding our global footprint.
About the role
The Supplier Development Engineer will work with existing and new partners to deliver exceptional systems to our global customer base. This includes working with partners to meet customer and target market requirements for product, performance, quality, and continuous improvement.
You will look after the quality of products, ensuring reliability, performance and customer expectation throughout the project lifecycle. You will implement and maintain best practices for business processes and quality management systems in collaboration with all functions and identify risks and opportunities to improve product, service and customer satisfaction.
- Engineering Degree or significant industrial experience (+3 years)
- Advanced knowledge of principle of International Standards (ISO9001/14001 etc…) to ensure process and product compliance
- Experience in using quality techniques and methodologies such as Six sigma and Lean manufacturing
- Understanding of manufacturing process such as SMT/Assembly lines and all inspection process (IQC/PQC/OQC).
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills using quality tools (8D analysis, 5why and Ishikawa etc…)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills[Written, Verbally and presentation]. Able to communicate effectively and clearly at all levels of the organisation and external bodies.
- Strong level of IT, statistical and reporting skills
- Strategic thinker who wants to continuous learn and improve business processes.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change with a willingness to be flexible and adaptable to new circumstances.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if required.
- Assessing new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, quality, capacity and fulfilment ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Monitoring supplier performance indicators to ensure we consistently meet objectives.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to development of suppliers with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery.
- Drive investigation of customer complaints or quality issues with required methodologies (8D,5WHY, Fishbone etc…).
- Carry out APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) activities such as PPAP (Product Part Approval Process), Customer/Supplier interactions, (V&V) Validation and Verification support
- Conduct supplier audits to evaluate and improve performance
- Lead QMS activities to establish, implement and maintain the Quality Management System to ensure compliances with applicable international standards (ISO9001/14001/13485 etc…) and other industry regulations.
- Support Quality Manager to maintain quality manual and quality policies.
- Provide quality system training
- Conduct internal and external audits to ensure conformance
- Manage CAPA process and drive improvements through root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions.
- Drive inspection for development samples/products with quality issues
- Maintenance and control of all calibration records for measuring, test and inspection equipment.
- Follow up internal NC process with supplier for inspection rejects.
- Manage the customer feedback/concerns process from initial notification, containment action, investigation, and final resolution.
- Ensure all stakeholders are adequately involved and informed about quality issues
- Drive an effective return process with customers and suppliers effectively
- Support manufacturing partners identifying risk and put preventative actions in place
This vacancy has immediate availability:
- Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Location: Dongguan, Guangdong, China
We have seen the birth of most of the display and embedded technologies in common use today, and outlived several too.
The world has certainly changed in the last 70 years and so have we. We have continuously evolved our expertise, technology and service to always exceed our customers’ expectations.
A happy team is an effective team!
Earlier this year, we joined the #HappinessAtWork campaign and asked our team "What makes you happy at work?" Here's what they had to say...