Join the Anders Family!
If you want real hands-on experience using the latest Embedded IoT/Edge technologies combined with HMI and Touchscreen SW integration, then we would love to hear from you.
Embedded Development Engineer
LOCATION - Witney, Oxfordshire, UK (hybrid working)
At Anders we work with our customers to develop innovative, inspirational, intelligent displays and embedded systems for the new generation of user interfaces and devices.
We are continuously expanding our portfolio to add exciting new products and tap into innovative new markets.
You are a self-starter, highly motivated and passionate about utilising your technical and commercial expertise to deliver business objectives, outstanding customer service and sales growth.
You have high learning agility and are passionate about building and developing collaborative strong relationships including executive, engineering and product leadership teams
You will be hands-on developing on Linux platforms in addition to the latest microcontrollers (e.g. STM32) to enable next generation Edge Computing and interconnected Embedded Displays. You will develop and debug firmware and SW to drive touchscreens, enable Machine Learning capabilities and integrate other custom input technologies. This will require a multi-disciplinary systems approach to projects including hardware, software, mechanical with strong project management discipline.
The Anders experience is highly rewarding as you will enable our customers to turn their concepts into reality.
What you need to be successful:
- Familiarity with SW architecture and design
- SW development methodologies for microcontrollers
- Unit testing, debugging and overall system testing methodologies on target devices and systems.
- Understanding of electronics design, component, and system specifications
- Use of T&M equipment (e.g. jtag debugger, oscilloscopes, multimeters)
- Strong C programming knowledge
- Excellent collaboration skills whilst retaining ability to work autonomously
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent SW and HW troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Passion for learning and researching new technologies
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and to learn quickly
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in embedded systems, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in the industry
- Excellent verbal and written skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and an open, supportive place to work. All applicants will be considered equally, regardless of race, origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Health Plan including dental and eye care
- Life Insurance
- Pension plan
- Additional paid time off (over holiday allowance)
- Learning and development incentives
History of success
At Anders we have a rich history of success in candidates who have gone on to develop their careers following successful industrial placements with us. Here are some of their stories: